VICTORIA BALLROOM DANCE SOCIETY REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The Victoria Ballroom Dance Society (The Society, VBDS) is requesting proposals from ballroom dance instructors interested in contracting services with The Society to provide classes in a variety of Standard and Latin International dances, and other popular dance styles including but not limited to West Coast Swing, American Style and other Latin dances.
The coronavirus pandemic is continuing to alter the way VBDS traditionally schedules classes, workshops and practices. We are interested in creative proposals to offer group classes for our members, and workshops for members and non-members in appropriate spaces where social distancing measures can be in place. Hall availability is currently limited, but our expectation is that more opportunities will open up over the coming months. We continue to investigate alternative locations for classes, including outdoor spaces, paved lots, hardwood or tile floors, and online.
We are currently looking for instructors to fill these times and locations:
Brentwood Community Hall:
- Mondays 3:00 – 7:00 pm, beginning July 6
- Tuesdays 4:00 – 7:00 pm, beginning July 7
- Saturdays 5:15- 6:15 pm, beginning July 18
Centennial United Church:
- Mondays 5:45 – 6:45 pm, beginning July 6
Other dates and times may become available and VBDS is interested in future opportunities as well.
VBDS is able to provide contractors/ workshop leaders fair compensation, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please indicate in your proposal:
1. Type of dance class
technique, partnered or solo;
- line dance/ flash mob/ formation;
- syllabus or non-syllabus;
skill development/ exercises e.g. musicality, etc.
2. Style of dance
Standard (International /American)
- Latin (International/ American/ other)
- West Coast Swing/ Swing
3. Duration in number of weeks / classes e.g. 1-2 classes; 3-class series;5-6 weeks
4. Optimal delivery location for classes e.g. hall, outdoor paved surface, online, etc.
5. Availability – days and times you are available and any limitations on your time
6. Experience and Qualifications and any further information you would like to provide e.g. YouTube video, etc.
7. Other Information
VBDS instructors are asked to provide a hand-out for students covering the basic information taught in classes and workshops.
For further information please contact email@example.com
Please provide your proposals to VBDS Standards and Classes Committee as soon as possible and no later than Thursday, July 2, 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
VBDS President, 2019-2020