Do you love to dance?
Have you always wanted to try ballroom but never had the opportunity?
You’re in luck!
If you’ve always dreamed of being able to dance but feel like you have two left feet, our Intro to Ballroom Workshops are the perfect way to turn that dream into a reality. Here are some of the benefits of taking these workshops:
- Learn the basics: These workshops are designed specifically for novice dancers, so you don’t need any prior dance experience to get started. You’ll learn the basic steps and techniques for each dance, which will give you a strong foundation to build on as you continue to practice.
- Improve your coordination: Dancing requires a high level of coordination, and these workshops will help you develop your coordination skills. You’ll learn how to move your body in time with the music, as well as how to coordinate your movements with your dance partner.
- Boost your confidence: Learning to dance can be a great way to boost your self-confidence. As you master the basic steps and techniques, you’ll start to feel more comfortable on the dance floor. Plus, ballroom dancing is a social activity, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to meet new people and make new friends.
- Get a great workout: Dancing is a fun and effective way to get in shape. It’s a low-impact activity that can improve your cardiovascular health, strengthen your muscles, and help you burn calories. Plus, because dancing is so enjoyable, you’ll be more likely to stick with it long-term.
- Have fun!: Last but not least, taking these workshops is a fun and enjoyable way to spend your time. You’ll get to learn new skills, meet new people, and enjoy the beauty and elegance of ballroom dancing. Whether you’re looking for a new hobby or a new way to stay active, these workshops are a great choice for novice dancers who want to make their dance dreams a reality.
The Victoria Ballroom Dance Society hosts introductory dance workshops throughout the year at Centennial United Church.
THURSDAYS 7-8 pm
Centennial United Church Dance Studio (upstairs)
Workshops run in a series of three, one-hour sessions. Six dances will be covered: Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Cha Cha, Rumba and Jive.
- October 5th, 12th, and 19th Members can register here, non-members here.
- October 26th, November 2nd and 9th Members can register here, non-members here.
- November 16th, 23rd and 30th Members can register here, non-members here.
Membership is not required to register but you will need an account – you can create one here.
VBDS Marketing & Promotions
Interested in attending one or more of our intro classes?
Simply sign up with your email and you will be notified of all upcoming classes for beginners.
You can unsubscribe at any time.