Believing that ballroom dancing improves the physical and social well-being of individuals and enhances the quality of life the Victoria Ballroom Dance Society has established as the mission of the society:
- To promote an interest in ballroom dancing.
- To create a physical and social environment that encourages people to participate actively in ballroom dancing as a performing art, as a recreational and social activity, and as a competition sport.
- To provide instruction at a variety of levels of ballroom dancing.
- To provide social opportunities, workshops, and dances.
- To encourage communication and friendship with other ballroom dance groups in the community, in the province, and elsewhere.
Read the complete VBDS Constitution and Bylaws as of 2014 March 02 (PDF file).