Believing that ballroom dancing improves the physical and social well-being of individuals and enhances the quality of life the Victoria Ballroom Dance Society has established as the mission of the society:
- To promote an interest in ballroom dancing.
- To create a physical and social environment that encourages people to participate actively in ballroom dancing as a performing art, as a recreational and social activity, and as a competition sport.
- To provide instruction at a variety of levels of ballroom dancing.
- To provide social opportunities, workshops, and dances.
- To encourage communication and friendship with other ballroom dance groups in the community, in the province, and elsewhere.