We can’t always choose the music life plays for us but we can choose how we dance to it! … Have fun with friends while you exercise your body and your hippocampus. Dancing is the ultimate sport in which everyone can participate. Read Dancing can make you smarter!
Victoria Ballroom Dance Society offers a variety of classes and workshops, from absolute beginner, to bronze, silver and gold level so whatever your age, whether you are new to ballroom, or returning to the dance floor, you will have fun dancing, learning and making new friends.
May 21 - Mad Hatter's Party at the Les Passmore Centre with a workshop by John De Pfyffer
June 18 - Black & White End of Season Gala Dance at the stunningly beautiful Officers' Ward Room in Esquimalt with a workshop by Wanda Kivitt.
VBDS Members have been borrowing DVDs from the VBDS Library since April 30, 2014. PLEASE NOTE that the library will continue to operate for the summer months. Brian Mason, the DVD Librarian, is looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday nights.
Current VBDS Members may freely borrow one Ballroom instructional DVD per week, just:
- Visit Brian between 8:30 and 9:00 p.m. at the Wednesday VBDS Practice at Cedar Hill Rec Centre.
- Checkout an available DVD,
- or reserve a DVD for next week if the DVD you want is already out.
- or wait list yourself for a DVD if the DVD you want is reserved.
- OR- Visit the new web site pages (see image above) to reserve or wait list your DVD! Using the web site is convenient, it only asks for your name and email to check against current membership records. Once you have reserved it on-line, just visit Brian between 8:30 and 9:00 p.m. at the Wednesday VBDS Practice at Cedar Hill Rec Centre and pick up your reserved DVD. The web site saves you time and gets your DVD reserved ahead.
Choosing a DVD is simple, each DVD is for one dance, and by level. The levels may be combined per DVD like:
- Bronze - includes all the steps from the pre-bronze and bronze steps.
- Silver/Gold - includes all the steps from the silver and gold levels of each dance.
- note- there are NO "VBDS Beginner level" steps on any of the DVDs.
To view Archived VBDS news articles –click here.